Get a proof of benefit letter

Use this service to request a letter to prove you get:

  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • State Pension

You must currently be getting at least one of these benefits to request a letter.

You'll need your National Insurance number. If you've lost your National Insurance number, check how to find a lost National Insurance number.

Start now

Before you start

You need to phone the office that pays your benefit if you:

  • need a letter sent to you in Welsh, or in an alternative format such as braille
  • have recently changed address and not updated the address on your benefit record
  • need a letter to prove you're getting a different benefit
  • live outside Great Britain or Northern Ireland